Sunday, August 22, 2010

Good fresh food

I love this part of the summer. The weather is consistently hot; everyone's all tan and healthy and relaxed; the holidays are just around the corner (almost time to choose a Halloween costume!); and the garden is in full swing.




We've been getting tomatoes and green beans daily, and about every other day I get a couple of those yummy yellow cucumbers, which have been the highlight of my lunches.


I think the pumpkins and some winter squash are probably ready to eat too, but I'm not in the mood to cook such fall-y things yet, so they're staying on the vine for now. And the edamame aren't plump enough yet to be perfect, but I've tried a few and they're not too bad!

And I pulled out all the garlic and onions a couple weeks ago - they're drying in the basement. It smells... like garlic and onions. Hopefully that's not permanent ; )

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment