Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June garden


The weather's working its damnedest to keep the garden slowed down this spring, but most everything is still coming up nicely, if slower than last year.


After the big fail in garden marker-making last December, I finally stumbled on a version that worked for me (though "me" means the hubs, as I invariably miss the tiny letter tops and hammer my thumb):


I can't find the tutorial to link right now, but you just take a juice can lid and stamp it with metal letter stamps - I found a set at retail tool store - and then write in the indentations with a super-fine Sharpie.


For my second season in the garden, we have some new additions, including strawberries, carrots, chard, beets, asparagus (which won't be ready to eat for 2 years, but at least it's planted), eggplant, and potatoes.

And also melons, but they're in the greenhouse, so you'll see photos of them tomorrow!

Love, J


No comments:

Post a Comment