Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ice Blocking


Neither G nor little cousin had ever been ice blocking before this week.


I find this shocking.


It's not that we go very often - maybe I've been 5 times ever? - it just seems like such a basic, wholesome summer activity that it should be on everyone's list of stuff-they-could-do.
Like sledding; you may not go much, but it's nice to have in your back pocket.


And because no night of fun is complete without a friendly wager, I bet the hubs he couldn't run to and from that telephone pole way at the bottom of the hill by the white fence in under a minute.

He won us all a trip to 7-11 for Slurpees by finishing the loop in just over half that time.


Then little cousin wanted to try, and then G had to give it a go, which left me with no choice but to try it too. (Or risk losing all cool sister/cousin street cred.)

I almost died. And THEN, to add insult to injury, both girls had faster times than me.

(By sort of a lot.)

I guess I should stop telling people what a great cardio workout I get from yoga.


Show off.

Love, J

PS ~

No comments:

Post a Comment