Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Make a brownie in minutes


I am on a MAJOR baked goods kick lately, in that I need at least one cupcakebrowniecookie per day or else.

Thing is, in our house, a batch of cookies or whatever will get eaten within 12 hours of coming out of the oven. There are no exceptions to this rule. Even if they were burned to a crisp, the offending black bottoms would be cut off and the rest of them devoured.

And while I may have more free time on my hands than most, and I do love baking, I'm not really up for making a new batch of goodies every single day.

Enter, microwave brownie.

In a ramekin, mash up an old banana (I throw mushy ones in the freezer so I've always got a stash). If it is from the freezer, cut the peel off, slice it into rounds and microwave it for 10-15 seconds, until you can smash it with a fork.

Add a few tablespoons of brownie mix. Just keep adding and stirring it into the mushed banana until it has a batter consistency.

Add walnuts. (This is not optional - brownies are incomplete without walnuts. If you disagree, you have no place eating a brownie.)

Microwave it all for about 2 minutes. (I just do this on high, but probably you'd get fancier results if you tried it at half-power for a little bit longer.)

Mmmm, brownie.

Note: I use banana because that's what I've always got around. I'm pretty sure any sort of liquid would work, just so you get the right consistency. I know yogurt does the trick because that's what my grandma and aunt use and I stole this idea from them!

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment