Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I'm making pies


Thursday night - I go and type - down at the church - for Father Mike.  It gets me out - and he ain't hard to like - at all.

~ Making Pies, Patty Griffin  


(Not her best song, but not too shabby, and SO stuck in my head as I roll out pie dough.)


I made a couple of the strawberry-rhubarb variety last weekend, and they were pretty fantastic.  So much so that I felt brave enough to go ahead with my plan to donate a "Pie a month for a year" as my item in the River's Wish auction next month.  I'm excited for this plan, because it will:


a)  Raise bunny money


b)  Give me an excuse to bake at least every month


c)  Get me super good at pie-making by the end of the year 


and d)  Make me feel like Ned


(Though I'd still rather dress like Chuck.)


Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment