Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hey, hey here I go now

The house looks like a bomb went off in it.

Since I sleep nights and he sleeps days, the hubs and I have both been just shoving that laundry to the opposite side of the bed whenever we need to lay down. It's moved back and forth about 6 times now.

The oven hasn't been used in ages, except to heat frozen pizzas.

My normally uber-rigid (says husband) household budget has been on hiatus for months, and our credit card is being used WAY more than usual.

And I've been ignoring almost all my friends and family for so long that I'm a little fuzzy about what you all look like.

But it will all be worth it when I earn a perfect score on this God-forsaken exam. Expect to see interviews of me in all manner of boring legal publications, explaining my secret to success. (But you'll hear it here first: before succeeding, fail. Your new insecurity will spawn a work ethic you never knew you had in you.)

And accompanying the articles will be photographs of me looking very relieved. And in those photos, my hair will be freshly washed, because by then I'll be making time for stuff like that again.

I'm off!

Love, J

PS ~ When I get back, I'll introduce you to Vinny, Lily's new buddy. Assuming she doesn't devour him whole by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment