Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quilt guilt


If I had been honest with myself when I began this quilt (and, of course, I was not), I would have had to admit that I would probably lose interest in it before it was complete. The little pattern I settled on requires 36 squares, and I made it to 9 and 3/4 before becoming totally bored with it.

I used to have the motivation to take on long-term projects, but I've devolved into someone who really prefers those that only take an afternoon. A weekend, tops. Plus, it doesn't help that I really don't care that much for sewing. Knitting and crochet can take a while, but the process is so enjoyable that I don't mind. But sewing for me is very results driven, especially when I have to use the machine. And when those results take enough hours to achieve, my interest wanes.

The plan is to slow down and shoot for a square a week, supplementing this project with creative outlets that give quicker results. Hopefully, it will be done someday.

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment