Sunday, December 30, 2012

Homemade gifts

I didn't make as many Christmas gifts as usual this year, but there were a few good ones.

Blank birthday cards for Grandma R:
 

Ninja turtle cap for B-I-L:















Hat pattern here.  (You may need to be logged into Ravelry to follow the hat link.)
Mask pattern here

I just knit them both up, then stitched the mask to the hat, so it can flip up or down, depending on how cold it is/how Ninja Turtley he's feeling.

Also, the hubs decorated a mug for his mom:













There is a very popular tip on Pinterest claiming that if you decorate a ceramic dish with Sharpies and then bake it at 350 for 30 minutes, the picture will be permanent.  This is a lie.  

AFTER sweet hubs spent hours on his drawing and tried baking it, we discovered that the ink would still scrub off without much effort.  A Google search (which I admit I ought to have done initially), revealed that it's widely known that this tip is a dud.  

So I coated it with Mod Podge and now it's a pen or change holder, rather than something to drink out of.  Still good.

Love, J  

No comments:

Post a Comment