Monday, December 31, 2012

Fireplace!

We did a bit of construction around la casa this fall, and here (finally) is one before and after set.  

I give you, fire:

BEFORE

DURING


AFTER


I know it's before-and-after-shot 101 that the "after" shot should ALWAYS have better lighting and be prettier than the "before."  But it's gloomy winter here which means bad light for pics, and this still gives you the idea.

Anyway, the fireplace is SOOO cozy and I love it entirely.  I thought maybe I'd hyped it up in my mind so much that there was no way that actually having it could ever live up to my expectations, but I. Was. Wrong.  Freya and I now conduct all of our business within a 5 foot radius of the thing.

And I can't say for sure, but I *think* the hubs is pleased with it as well.
 

The real, mega construction was done on the bathroom.  I've got good "after" photos, but I can't find the "before"s, so that'll wait for another day.

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment