Friday, December 4, 2009

Needle & thread burnout

Here's some important making-stuff advice that I know and yet can never seem to follow:

When you're working on a project, make sure that you quit and clean up before you're sick and tired of it. Otherwise you'll find yourself up to your knees in fabric scraps and bits of thread after 10 hours of sewing, and wishing you could just move out of the house rather than clean up the mess you've made.

Only you have to pick it up, because the project is your husband's Christmas present, and you don't want him to see it when he comes home.

And then by the time it's FINALLY all put away, you'll be pretty sure there's just no freaking way you're going to want to get everything out again and finish the project between now and Christmas. So then you have to start thinking of a backup gift.

On the plus side, I think I'll get some studying done now, since even just looking at the mending I set aside for this evening is making me queasy. I guess this is what's meant by 'too much of a good thing'?

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment