Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Resolution change

I have kept my New Year's resolution. Really.

And at the same time, I have not, because part of it was to account for my progress on the blog, and that has not happened one bit.

And it will not happen.

Because every time I sit down to write about a gifting encounter, I get the worst case of writer's block ever. Writing an account of myself giving a present to someone else and how happy it made them apparently exceeds even my way-higher-than-average tolerance for bragginess. I've tried so many different angles, and trust me, there is no way to relate these experiences without sounding like a totally narcissistic ass. It's bad enough that I've taken on this project partly because of the high I get from people's reactions. To then get online and tell you all how nice I am crosses a line that just can't get comfortable with.

So I'm giving up on that part of the project. But I wanted to explain why, because I know it looks odd to say 'this is my resolution, and I'm going to tell you all about my progress,' and then two full months go by without another word on it.

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment