Thursday, June 3, 2010

And they're off...


~ Beans ~
Here's where I close my eyes and fantasize about pretty jars of dried beans lining the pantry shelves downstairs.


~ Peas ~
I'm planting these in stages for a longer harvest.
This is the most recent of the 3 batches we've planted so far.


~ Spinach ~
G clipped our first batch yesterday to pack in her lunch. I love how fast this stuff grows.


~ Edamame! ~
How fancy do I feel,
that I can grow my own edamame?!?
(Answer: Very)


~ Broccoli ~
Note to self for next year: don't plant the tomatoes too early or they'll die off in the cold. But broccoli? Broccoli doesn't care. Broccoli is badass, and will take off no matter what the conditions.
Broccoli's a rockstar.


~ And a new compost area to boot ~

Growing food just makes me so happy.

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment