Sunday, June 27, 2010

God bless the chickpea*


For good hummus, use a hand mixer to blend together:

~ 2 cans of garbanzo beans
~ 6-7 cloves of garlic
~ 1/3 cup of lemon juice
~ 1/2 cup of water
~1/4 cup of olive oil
~ 1/2 teaspoon of salt

For better hummus, add fresh basil.

For the best hummus you've ever tasted, add as much cilantro as you can cram into the dish, and then eat it with pita chips.

Daisy and Brooke lend some perspective so you can see just how mutant-huge mom-in-law's cilantro really is. I wish I could get mine to grow like that!

Pretty sure I'm going to have perma-garlic breath for the rest of the summer. Just let me apologize for that in advance. (But it's so worth it.)

Love, J

PS ~ I guess hummus is "supposed" to have tahini in it. I don't know what tahini is, and I don't miss it in my version. Also, I like that I don't have to get any special ingredients this way, it's all stuff I've already got in the kitchen.

* I bet I could exclusively use
Friends quotations for my blog post titles...

No comments:

Post a Comment