This could be improved upon, but for an experimental first round that I pinned myself while wearing it, I am pleasantly surprised with the final result.
It began as an average, too big, shapeless t-shirt. The idea was to give it seams and structure to make it flattering. Having a model or dress form to wear the shirt while I pin it could potentially make this project one of the best I've tried. I'll track down a friend or sister volunteer and get back to you.
Yes, I have a garbage can full of hay in my living room. That's how we roll.
PS ~ I just found a tutorial on BurdaStyle that basically explains how to do this the right, non-making-it-up-as-you-go way. I think I'll try it that way next time!