Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween movies for sissies like me

Here is a link to photos of people freaking out in a haunted house.

Let's play a game. I'll list four activities, you tell me which one doesn't belong:

1. Buying someone a gift
2. Going to the movies
3. Eating at a good restaurant
4. Being terrified shitless

Do you know why #4 doesn't fit with the rest of the list?

Because it's the only thing for which I'd never shell out $20. Nor can I understand why anyone else would. I love Halloween, but in more of a candy corn, jack-o-lantern, corn maze kind of way.

For example, no scary movies for me, no thank you. I had nightmares for about 3 years after I saw The Sixth Sense, and that's not even supposed to be *that* scary. (Yeah, right.)

But because fall is a time to hide from the rainy weather and cozy up in front of a movie, I'm
always looking for good, non-scary autumn flicks. So far I have:

~ The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Disney)
~ Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog
~ Practical Magic
~ All the Harry Potter movies
~ Rear Window
~ Wallace & Grommit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit
~ The Patriot (the hubs put this one on here because he finds if fall-y. I used to love it but haven't seen it since Mel Gibson went insane.)

And I love Nightmare Before Christmas, but I have trouble with it because it's too Christmas-y for Halloween and too Halloween-y for Christmas.

Any other suggestions are welcome! (And I know Hocus Pocus seems obvious, but for some reason I cannot stand it. It does have pretty scenery though.)

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment