Friday, September 25, 2009

Projects and progress - Part 3

Okay, I'm back on track. Sort of. Enough. And this morning I'm sending out lots of love to my special patron of the arts for the big box of fantastic how-to-write-a-novel books that the UPS man just dropped off. After I post this, I'm headed out to the hammock with the books and my notepad.

Today we're going down the hall to the second bedroom, which is acting as an all-purpose room. And it's where you will get to stay when you come visit!

Here are the 'before's:


The previous owners really, really liked their pink. The hubs had some fun with graffiti while we primed:


And here is what it looks like today:




I put the TV in there, hoping that having it stashed in the back of the house would keep me from watching it so much. It hasn't worked so far. But it is wonderful to have such a pretty room to sit in while I sew and work on the computer. (And by 'work' I mean watch music videos and play TextTwist.)



This thread rack is another one of my favorite things - a graduation present from my grandmother. My uncle made it for her a really long time ago, and nothing beats a functional heirloom.


That's all of the tour for now. The kitchen's undergone major changes, but the floor in there is still way ugly and I want it ALL prettied up before I post pictures. And we may actually do a real remodel on the bathroom, since it's got tons of mold and we're worried I'll get sick once we have to close the house up for the winter. But other than those two rooms (and the basement, which is big but boring), you've now seen the whole house!

Love, J

No comments:

Post a Comment