Friday, November 6, 2009

Destined to someday be a classic

In my quest to someday have a kitchen sink AND a bathroom sink AND a dishwasher all in working order at the same time, our plumbers came over to do some work around the house yesterday. And knowing how nice it is to enjoy some music while you work, I told them 'of course' when they asked if they could put their radio on. After about 10 minutes of blaring gangster rap, I fled to the back bedroom, abandoning my studying in search of something to drown out the gunshot noises that accompanied each chorus.

I switched the computer on and surfed over to Hulu, thinking I'd watch some Bewitched* episodes while I worked on the gloves I'm making. And then I saw it.

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE EVEN SLIGHTLY TRASHY TASTE IN TELEVISION, AND YOU HOPE TO BE PRODUCTIVE THIS WEEKEND, DO NOT - I REPEAT, DO NOT - READ ANY FURTHER.

Did you know there is a reality show called 'Househusbands of Hollywood'? HOUSEHUSBANDS OF HOLLYWOOD?!? I thought I'd bottomed out with 'Toddlers & Tiaras,' but this show gives that one a run for its money. The pure tastelessness is truly a thing to behold. It is glorious. I think I'm in love.

By yesterday evening, we'd taken several steps back
, and currently neither sink works, nor does the dishwasher. But I still consider the day a rousing success because it included my discovering this gem.

And also because I got to wash our dishes in the bathtub.


Love, J


*Bewitched conversations:

Me
: Don't you think Sam's too good for Darrin?

Hubs: No. He's just a dorky 60's husband. It's not his fault he's like that.

Later that day, at Grandma R's house:

Me: Grandma, did you ever watch 'Bewitched'?

Grandma: Yes.

Me: Don't you think Elizabeth Montgomery is too good for Dick York?

Grandma: Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment