Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Two stories and then another


Story 1: Because of my husband's whole 'following his dream' thing, we are going to miss the wedding of a close friend of his family in a couple weeks. The police academy frowns on future police officers missing taser training so they can fly to Arizona to do the electric slide with 100 of their closest friends & family. I'm sure she understands.

Plus

Story 2: There is a very old episode of Mad About You where Jamie quits her job and is drifting about trying to decide what she wants to do next in life. In one scene, she wants to write a book. In another, she and her friend are eating brownies so delicious they inspire her to open a bakery. Etc, etc. This has been me lately.*

Equals

Story 3: The hubs and I spent last night visiting while I crafted a card to send to the bride whose wedding we're flaking out on. And because my readership has peaked at about 5 people, almost all of them immediately related to me, I can now show you said card with no fear that she will see it before it reaches her in the mail later this week:


Eh? Eh? Okay, it's sort of weird but it's also
not generic at all and I personally think it's much worse to be generic than weird. And I should get to add a few personal touches to the card since the gift (cash) is as impersonal as you can get.

Anyhow, I was so pleased with the way it turned out that I promptly had a conversation with myself about starting a card selling business. But then I thought about how it took about 2 hours to put together that one card and how bored I'd gotten by the end, and I lost interest in that plan faster than it took for the Mod Podge to dry on my fingertips. The end.

Love, J

*I think this casting about for a career thing may have ended yesterday - I found and applied for my dream job. Keep your fingers crossed for me! And I'll keep working on my book but it will be a little slower in getting done (and just that much more anticipated, right?)

3 comments:

  1. So I am curious, are you not going to practice law? I just think it is so funny that you thought about starting a card making business. It seems like I do the same exact thing whenever I start a new hobby!! Oh, and did you watch Nie on Oprah today? I am curious what you thought of it. Anyhoo, have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed it because we don't get TV reception at the house - do you know where I can find it online? The only thing I can find is the 2 minute interview at her house on Oprah's site.

    And I haven't decided on the answer to your first question, I'll get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure someone has put it on YouTube by now. I would check there first. Otherwise, you might have to wait for a re-run. I really didn't think it was that great. I was a little shocked at how soft spoken she was, but they covered almost everything we already knew. Let me know if you find it. And I will be waiting to hear about the answer to my first question ;)

    ReplyDelete